What is Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) technique?
Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation also known as IASTM is a new set of skills which helps a physio to locate appropriate and treat patients that are diagnosed with soft tissue dysfunction. IASTM is a procedure done with specially designed instruments that help in detecting and then treating fascial restrictions/adhesions, encourage healing and localization and effectively treat areas that have soft tissue fibrosis, chronic inflammation, or degeneration. Like in any other Manual therapy, it is augmented with exercises and other modalities (if necessary). IASTM is highly recommended and effective therapy for all kinds of chronic tendinopathies. It is a new technique in the market with lots of positive evidences in the research. Our physios are trained & certified to perform this procedure as and when necessary for a condition.
How many sessions will I required?
It depends from case to case and the severity of the problem. The sessions are estimated after the assessment.
What Conditions IASTM is usually used for?
- Golfers elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
- Tennis Elbow ( Lateral Epicondylitis)
- Median nerve entrapment (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome)
- Neck Pain (cervicalgia)
- Pain and irritation in the sole of the foot (Plantar Fasciitis)
- Muscles of the shoulder joint stabilizers inflammation (Rotator Cuff Tendinitis)
- Knee cap Inflammation (Patellar Tendinitis)
- Tibialis Posterior Tendinitis
- Pain in the heel (Achilles Tendinitis)
- Pain in the thumb (DeQuervain’s Syndrome)
- Post-Surgical and Trauma Scars
- Pain and adhesions of the muscular and fascial junction (Myofascial Pain and Restrictions)
- Postural Mal alignment (Musculoskeletal Imbalances)
- Joint Swelling Associated with old Sprains/Strains
- Ligament Sprains
- Muscle Strains
- Non-Acute Bursitis
- Back Pains
- Trigger Finger
- Hip Pain
- IT Band Syndrome
- Shin Splints
- Chronic Ankle Sprains
How can you book an appointment?
We aim to see you within 24 hours so contact us to make an appointment or to find out more information on how we can help you, please call us on 07515280990 or email us email@example.com