What is Ergon IASTM technique?
Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation also known as IASTM is a new set of skills which helps a physio to locate appropriate and treat patients that are diagnosed with soft tissue dysfunction. Ergon IASTM is a procedure done with specially designed instruments that help in detecting and then treating fascial restrictions/adhesions, encourage healing and localization and effectively treat areas that have soft tissue fibrosis, chronic inflammation, or degeneration. Like in any other Manual therapy, it is augmented with exercises and other modalities (if necessary).
How many sessions will I required?
It depends from case to case and the severity of the problem. The sessions are estimated after the assessment.
IASTM is usually used for?
- Golfers elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
- Tennis Elbow ( Lateral Epicondylitis)
- Median nerve entrapment (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome)
- Neck Pain (cervicalgia)
- Pain and irritation in the sole of the foot (Plantar Fasciitis)
- Muscles of the shoulder joint stabilizers inflammation (Rotator Cuff Tendinitis)
- Knee cap Inflammation (Patellar Tendinitis)
- Tibialis Posterior Tendinitis
- Pain in the heel (Achilles Tendinitis)
- Pain in the thumb (DeQuervain’s Syndrome)
- Post-Surgical and Trauma Scars
- Pain and adhesions of the muscular and fascial junction (Myofascial Pain and Restrictions)
- Postural Mal alignment (Musculoskeletal Imbalances)
- Joint Swelling Associated with old Sprains/Strains
- Ligament Sprains
- Muscle Strains
- Non-Acute Bursitis
- Back Pains
- Trigger Finger
- Hip Pain
- IT Band Syndrome
- Shin Splints
- Chronic Ankle Sprains